Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Mom" here...

I'm definitely still processing what's happened to me physically and emotionally the past few days.  Feeling exhausted in a way I've never experienced before, but yet finding bits of energy here and there to make it through the day.  Somehow the body learns to cope and get by in times like this.

I would love to have the mental energy to document some of my birth story, but I'm afraid that will take some time.   It's going to take me a bit longer to recover since I ended up delivering little Radha by c-section (more on that later), but I went into this experience knowing that you have to expect the unexpected.  It was necessary for her to get here healthy and definitely worth it.
  
In the meantime, everyone should know that we're doing alright and Radha has the best father in the world.   :) Oh yeah...and tonight we gave her a sponge bath for the first time.  Clean baby smell...yummmm.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update--and the photos. You are all looking radiant!

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

Aw, what an adorable picture! She's a beauty, for sure. I know how you're feeling- it's tough to be a brand-new mommy and recovering from surgery at the same time. I'd love to bring you guys a meal and some snacks to help get you through. Not a visit, I know how taxing those are in these first weeks, just a drop off! Let me know.

:) Robin